Walmart Could Owe You Up To $15,000

Everyone knows who the Walmart corporation is. They are recognized both nationally and world-wide as a big box chain store that offers the best prices to their customers on everything from food to clothes and household items. Just about anything you could need will be found at Walmart. The stores also employ more than a million employees. Most of them are currently in a situation where they could receive a big payout from the company due to unfair treatment at work. In July of 2015, there was a class-action lawsuit which was filed against the company that alleged they were unfair to certain employees based on their personal lives.

This lawsuit had stated that anyone who was married to someone of the same sex was being denied the option to get health insurance through the company just like other married employees who were married to someone of the opposite sex. At the time, the corporation had yet to change their policies in regards to same-sex marriages. Now the lawsuit has been settled to the tune of over $7.5 million dollars. There are some stipulations in regards to the policy, however, as well as the payout. To get some reimbursement, you will need to have worked for either Walmart or Sam's Club between the beginning of January 2011 and the end of December 2013. You could be entitled to up to $15,000 in payouts.

What People Should Know About The Lawsuit

To be considered for a payout in the lawsuit, both you and your spouse needed to have been employed by the same company during either 2011, 2012, 2013. You must also had to be considered for health insurance at some point in time and was turned down for coverage. The laws and policies for health insurance through the corporation was changed in the beginning of January 2014, even though it is now known that the company should have offered the coverage to same-sex, married couples sooner. The case was settled in order to keep it from going to court. The company wanted to keep the case private and settling it before going to trial would ensure that no private information gets given out to the news or public.

Long Form Vs. Short Form Filings

In order to get reimbursement for the lawsuit being settled, you will need to either fill out a short form or a long form. The short form is for people who did not incur any medical bills or costs during the time they were denied coverage from the corporation. This form is a lot easier to file. However, if you did incur some medical bills or expenses during the specified time period, then you will need to file the long form.

If you file this form, you could be eligible for more than $15,000 in reimbursement. This money will be owed to you if you are both employed and married to someone of the same-sex during the three years specified and denied health insurance coverage. The reimbursement could also include any medical costs that your family also incurred during the time period that should have been paid for through the insurance. To get the funds, you must have all paperwork and proof that you had a hospital stay. Any receipts you have must also be included.

Paperwork And More Information

In order to fill out the short or long form, you must get the accurate forms. These forms are all necessary in order to try and get compensation for medical bills you had to pay yourself after being denied health insurance coverage. These can be found through the following ways:

• Visit
• Email for forms at
• Call 1-877-241-7543
• Or You May Write to Walmart's Claims Administrator for the forms. The address is P.O. Box 43415. The address is located in Providence, Rhode Island.

You have the option to either fill out the forms you need by downloading them from your home computer or emailing or calling the contacts above in order to get the forms sent to your home address. If you have any stake in the lawsuit, you should get the forms downloaded or sent to you right away. If you believe you are owed any money from this refund of denied health insurance, don't miss out on your chance to get what is rightfully yours.

Featured Articles

Unclaimed Property: Tips on How to File Your Report

The thought of money waiting for you to claim it may sound too good to be true. But, there are actually billions of dollars across the nation waiting for the proper contact. Unfortunately, if you don’t check for unclaimed ...

Read More

The Operation HOPE Home Buyers Program

Low-wealth individuals and families now have hope for a home. The Operation Hope Home Buyers Program offers a path for those who wouldn’t benefit from standard mortgage loans to own property. The program shows clients various programs...

Read More

Walmart Could Owe You Between $5,000 and $15,003

How much money have you spent at Wal-Mart throughout the years? Most savvy, bargain-seeking customers have spent plenty of time inside the store, grabbing the deeply discounted products by the cart-full, while swiping their deb...

Read More

Unclaimed Child Support: Ways To Claim Your Funds

The government has a program that they created to help protect the rights of all custodial parents. They do this by ensuring all child support court orders for both medical and financial support are enforced accordingly. This ...

Read More